OPEN-ACCESS PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Screening is a test for early diagnosis of common cancers before symptoms develop.
Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths at a 5-6 percent lifetime risk.
The current recommendation for colon cancer screening by the American Cancer Society is a colonoscopy starting at the age of 50. Future examinations are planned based on the findings.
Open Access Colonoscopy allows healthy patients without Exclusion Criteria to receive a screening colonoscopy without an initial office visit.
Please allow two weeks for the paperwork to be processed.
If we do not receive a copy of the front and back of your current insurance card we will be unable to process your paperwork!
- Use of Anticoagulants / Antiplatelets / Clotting diathesis
- Multiple or Unstable Comorbidities
- Unstable Cardiac Disease, Pacer/Defibrillator, Endocarditis, Recent MI
- Oâ‚‚or Steroid Dependent Pulmonary Disease, Sleep Apnea, or CPAP
- Renal Distress, Dialysis
- Neurologic Disorders
- Extensive Abdominal Surgery
- GI Bleeding, Change in Bowel Movements, Weight Loss, Bleeding
- Insulin Dependent Diabetes
- Chronic Narcotic Use for Pain Control
- Previous Problems with Anesthesia
- Age > 80
Currently, the only options for submitting the required paperwork to enroll in the Open-Access program are to fax or mail in the forms to the phone number or address provided below. A link to the paperwork is at the bottom of this page.
To initiate this process, print out the Patient Forms linked below and return by mail or fax to:
Central Bucks Specialists, Ltd.
599 West State Street
Doylestown, PA 18901
Please Click HERE to Download the Open Access Patient Forms and begin the enrollment process by printing, filling out by hand, and faxing us your paperwork.